|Location:||NSW - Sydney|
|Posted:||8 months ago|
Budget / Forecast Process
To adequately perform the scenario modelling function, the FP&A Analyst will need to maintain a solid understanding of the operations and assumptions that underlie the business-as-usual forecast position.
- Contributing to the FP&A team in delivering the consolidated group Forecasts and annual Budget
- Preparation of key reconciliations and detailed analysis on Group results (P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash flow, Key Performance Metrics)
- Calculation of key Group ratios (S&P metrics, ROIC, FFO, Invested capital, Gearing)
- Support BU Finance team queries & escalate issues as required
- Drafting Board/ELT presentations, liaising with BUs and reconciling Divisional Presentations to CPM
- Facilitate issues management and resolution during budget process
- Leverage off existing BI reporting and further enhancing reporting visualisations
There is a growing degree of importance being placed on scenario modelling, as capital allocation has become a key and well-publicised facet of the businesses strategy going forward.
- Preparation for the scenario model outputs, responsible for running scenarios and assessing the group impact of a variety of potential transactions
- Liaising directly with those teams initiating scenarios and providing inputs into the process, Capital Transactions & Allocation, Strategy, BU Finance teams and Treasury.
Internal & External Reporting
- Preparation of the monthly CFO Report & contributing to the monthly Managing Directors Report
- Facilitate and prepare balance of year reports (operating profit & funding)
- Review forecast information in Investor Presentations / Q&A’s
System & Budget tools
- The FP&A Analyst will take responsibility for the ongoing maintenance of the scenario model, including regularly updating the base data for the latest Budget / Forecast.
- Seek continuous development of the scenario model to ensure accuracy and efficiency is maintained, with key involvement in any potential future migration of the Excel scenario model.
- Managing Segment Hierarchy & Operating COA Hierarchy
Requirements of the successful candidate:-
- Degree qualified with desired analytical and financial planning experience; CPA / CA qualification preferable
- Demonstrated sense of initiative, problem solving capability and ability to work with little supervision
- Ability to work to deadlines and under high pressure situations
- Strong attention to detail