|Location:||NSW - Sydney|
|Posted:||6 months ago|
My Client is listed on the New York and London Stock exchange and is a market leader in their industry. They fall under the travel and leisure industry and represent number of brands.
Assistant Accountant required for an initial period of 6 month on a fixed term contract, acquiring paid annual leave.
The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting the Accounting team to process end of trip accounting including process revenue, cash books and concessionaire accounting. In addition, the role assists the debt collections function to process debtors payments and debtor communications.
The role supports the Senior Accountant to develop and maintain efficient and effective accounting processes relating to travel accounting, maintain accuracy with financial/operating systems and compliance with the company accounting policies.
- Accounting of Revenue (close to $2mil pa)
- Build working relationships with internal business owners & staff, and ensure timely and accurately accounting of Revenue
- Identify and implement improvements process with providers
- Accounting for all payments to concession partners timely
- Reconciliation of credit card settlements and cash payments.
- Assist with preparing collections letters and adhoc phone calls to/from debtors as directed by the senior Accountant
- Taking payments including arranging for the deposit of cheques, processing credit card payments over the telephone for debtors and issue receipts for payments when requested by debtors
- Maintain the Debtors ledger including, raising billings, upload write offs for approval in Oracle AR.
- Responding to onboard credit card chargebacks
- Monthly accounting of cash balances
- Ensure all reconciling items and discrepancies are addressed immediately with data providers to enable accurate accounting and reporting
- Relevant and ongoing engagement of 4 concession partners in various offshore locations to ensure monthly accounts payable deadlines are adhered to
- Performing ad-hoc reconciliation of General Ledger accounts as required
- Recording journals for employee and customer care air services payments made into the debtors bank account, and managing resolution and investigation of employee air services reconciling items.
- Assisting with review of monthly General Ledger reconciliations, ensuring all reconciling items and discrepancies are addressed immediately with data providers to enable accurate accounting and reporting.
- Raising Billings for reconciling items on the general ledger reconciliations for credit card declines and chargebacks
- Performing ad-hoc reconciliation of General Ledger accounts as required.
- Ensure all paperwork and reconciliations are recorded on a timely basis
- Maintaining appropriate records to keep track of payments collected so that they may be journaled and investigated as appropriate
- Ensure adequate documentation is maintained to keep track of debtor balances, movement, collections workflow, measure performance and manage our risks
The ideal Candidate:
- Will have previous experience in accounting or finance in a business environment
- Will have experience with complex reconciliations
- Will have experience in analysing/dissecting data to produce meaningful reporting experience with multicurrency transactional information
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Highly accurate with strong attention to detail
- Personal accountability and motivation
- Passion for identifying and implementing improvements
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines, and good time management skills
- A team player who has demonstrated ability to engage with internal and external customers
- Continuous Improvement – encourages continuous improvement practices that sustainably grow the business
- Qualified to degree level in accounting, with a strong understanding of basic accounting principles and journal entries.
- Willing to study towards CPA/CA qualification
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills
- Working knowledge of accounting systems
What’s on offer:
- Develop your career in a market leading company
- Competitive salary
- Mentorship on offer
- Accessible location, close to all shops, local amenities and Chatswo