|Location:||NSW - Sydney|
|Posted:||5 months ago|
My Client is the nations most trusted and independent source of local, national and world news. They pride themselves on creating and delivering high calibre programming that notifies, educates and entertains the nation.
The company boasts upwards of 3000 employees and has a supportive environment with a dynamic and unified team where you can really enhance your skillset and progress professionally.
This is initially a 3-month temporary to cover a back log of work. Reporting into the Business Analyst, this role is a mixed bag of budget forecasting, AP and AR, invoice processing, payment processing, journal entries and amendments, accruals and ad hoc invoicing.
Main duties include but are not limited to:
- Administer the invoicing for Content Sales revenue and coordinate the integration of financial information into SAP Finance from the Greentree Microsoft Access database
- Prepare reconciliations regarding the integration of revenue invoice batches into the SAP Finance system from Greentree. Update Greentree for customer receipts as reported in SAP Finance as required.
- Prepare and create new customer accounts and conduct required credit checks in accordance with company credit policy.
- Process vendor payments for costs such as travel, promotions and distribution; create new vendors and data entry into the MyRequests payment system; and prepare accrual journals as appropriate, for review by the Business Analyst.
- Process and administer invoices for other Commercial business units including Library Sales credit card sales and interstate sales orders, advertising and royalties revenue for company Magazines, company Books royalties and company Licensing royalties.
- Assist with the annual budget process and with business performance reporting, and ad hoc management accounting reporting, as directed by the Business Analyst.
- Actively promote the company values and apply all relevant workplace policies and guidelines.
The Ideal candidate:
- Diploma level qualification in accounting coupled with relevant work experience in accounts receivable and accounting.
- Experience of preparing and producing data and information that is clear and accurate.
- Ability to interpret financial commitments in contracts in relation to royalties receivable.
- Effective time-management skills, working towards deadlines, and demonstrable experience with identifying, defining and solving work related problems.
- Willingness to work effectively in a team environment and to communicate clearly and effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Intermediate skills in MS Excel.
- Preferred experience with SAP Finance.
What’s on offer:
- Work in a market leading Media company
- Very competitive hourly rate
- Dynamic, energetic work culture with flexible working arrangements on offer