|Location:||NSW - Sydney|
|Posted:||20 days ago|
We are recruiting a Project Accountant to join an established global organisation based in North Shore, Sydney. The company offers a collaborative culture and people-based environment with the potential for career progression.
This role will see the successful individual joining the Head Office team, working closely with key stakeholders and the finance function, in a team of 5 on the projects team. This role will centre around sustaining deep and trusting relationships with clients through solving problems and serving them with utmost reliability.
Reporting to the Regional Finance Manager, this role will make a difference to the business and team by managing and maintaining WIP and Forecasts across branches.
On offer is a fantastic supportive environment which actively supports individual’s careers as well as providing a competitive benefit package.
Responsibilities for the role will include:
- Dealing with Project Leaders complaints and queries
- Managing interactions with multiple stakeholders across Australia, including Project Directors and Project Leaders, with understanding
- Meeting Corporate deadlines, whilst relying on your influence with multiple stakeholders for information
- Deliver accurate and timely reports and clearly communication requirements/queries
- Establish effective, professional working relationships with Project Directors, Project Leaders, the broader finance team and external clients where necessary
- Ensuring the accurate recording of % complete and projected Forecasts
- Checking and Correcting Labour entries against projects
- Preparing Labour and Expense transfers when required
- Input of % complete from Plans in Vision
- Assist Project Leaders with understanding % Comp concepts, Fees in Advance, Fee Splits, Billing Schedules and Forecasting
- Assist Project Leaders to do resources planning and analysis on the variance for planning and actuals
- Train and assist project leaders to enable them to input their forecasts into vision
- Ensure timesheets are completed in a timely manner and in time for Head Office weekly postings
- Review project financials on monthly basis to ensure it has been managed properly
- Review and checking of Monthly cross charge time entries and following up with Project leads for approval
Requirements for the role will include:
- Experience in a similar role
- Intermediate/Advanced Excel user (vlookups, sumifs, pivots etc.)
- Knowledge of Deltek Vision system preferred
- A self-starter organised with attention to detail is essential as is a positive and pro-active approach to work/tasks
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to build solid relationships with a good customer focus
- A desire to question and improve on the status quo and experience in managing such projects
- Resilient and persistent; takes pride in and completes tasks
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service and delivering quality outcomes
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders
- Approaches tasks in a positive and professional manner
If you are interested in this position and feel you meet the criteria then please contact Kate Goworek on 96412422 or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org Quoting “Project Accountant, North Shore”.