|Location:||NSW - Sydney|
|Posted:||4 months ago|
This leading media company based in the heart of the CBD currently has an opening for an up and coming Business Analyst to work on a varied program of work
Located in the Business Transformation team with three other Business Analysts, they will work very closely with the Product Owners and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) for each Workstream, to evaluate and classify the current business domain and document a set of requirements to define the future business processes for the business. Support for the Data Migration team will be an important part of the role, both in terms of analysis, data mapping and documentation. The Business Analyst will also be required to support Business as Usual activities, especially as these relate to the transition of new BT systems into the existing architecture.
Responsibilities will include:
- Analyse and challenge commonly held assumptions and accepted processes.
- Examine and develop alternative solutions that are constructive and innovative.
- Facilitate discussions with SMEs to elicit stakeholder requirements.
- Drive and champion standardisation and seek the reduction of complexity in process and data design.
- Work closely with the Data Migration team to map data structures and processes across different platforms
- Build models and classification structures to make complex processes understandable and measurable.
- Assist in the analysis and design of entity models and database schemas.
- Map database schemas across different data stores including SaaS applications, Data Warehouses and ad-hoc repositories.
- Create business process models using the Business Process Model and Notation (BPMN) specification to allow a clearer understanding of procedures.
- Write Epics and Stories across different business domains and systems as part of the Agile team.
- Contribute to the management of the Product Backlog and Sprint planning to ensure the MVP delivers business value early and often
- Active listening and interview skills to fully understand stakeholder roles and responsibilities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work effectively on digital and cloud projects with solid agile practices adhering to lean principles.
- Contribute positively and proactively to the project, and willing to cross functional boundaries and roles to get things done in a flat organisational structure.
To be successful for this position you will need to display:
- Over 5 years demonstrated project team experience delivering complex solutions in an agile environment.
- Knowledge of operational, finance, CRM and online systems, especially SaaS applications
- Experience of middleware integration products and patterns.
- Good technical understanding of current and emerging technologies and how other enterprises are employing them to drive digital strategy
If you have the above experience and want to join a fun, fast paced passionate team please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on 9641 2453