|Location:||VIC - Melbourne|
|Posted:||20 days ago|
- Exciting opportunity within local government
- 6 month initial contract with possibility for extension
- Based in Eastern suburbs
Due to an increase in workload there is an immediate opportunity for a qualified Building Surveyor or Building Permit Officer to assist this busy team. Experience in this field is essential as the experienced candidate will be responsible for assessing and approving building permits.
- To work in accordance with the Building Act, Building Regulations and other relevant legislations
- Provide a high level of customer service and efficient response times to both internal stakeholders and external customers
- Autonomous decision making – assessing approval or refusal of building permits based on the current legislation
- Undertake inspections of damaged, dangerous buildings as well as illegal building works and liaise with owners
- Prepare thorough and detailed technical reports and correspondence
- Deliver effective administrative support to management
The successful candidate will have;
- Either qualifications in Building Surveying or proven experience within the relevant field or the local government department
- Excellent knowledge of the Building Act and Building Regulations as well as Building Team procedures
- The ability to be proactive and work autonomously
- Effective time management skills and being able to prioritise your own work load
- Proficient computer skills including the MS Office suite and local government specific software’s
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A positive and proactive attitude towards work
- Full Victorian drivers licence
In return you will be rewarded with an excellent hourly rate and the opportunity to work with a supportive and friendly team. You will have the chance to develop your knowledge and experience within the local government sector.
If you are interested in this role please apply today or contact Sinead for further information firstname.lastname@example.org or 03 8610 6103.