|Location:||NSW - Sydney|
|Posted:||16 days ago|
Our Client is a large NYSE listed Leisure/tourism company looking to take on a Business Analyst within the finance team.The role will work as key support to the Senior Business Analyst to provide business partnering and analysis to support decision making.
Duties and responsibilities:
1. Accountable for month end reporting, ensuring the following:
· Meet timelines and accounting policies;
· Ensure rolling forecast is updated monthly for each business unit
· Commentary surrounding variances to month, year to date and full year forecast
· Identify Risks and opportunities to achieve the full year plan and forecast
· Proactively investigate any anomaly or potential risk/opportunity, communicating to Senior Business Analyst
2. Budgeting/plan process:
· Take ownership for Travel and Entertainment plan and other G&A areas.
· Process Employment costs and intercompany recharge.
3. Process Imporvement:
· Assist in mapping existing process/system flows;
· Assist in identifying potential risks or efficiency opportunities, and proposing solutions;
· Assist in preparing process and training documentation and rolling out training to key stakeholders
4. Prepare robust business cases for changes to existing operations, enabling quick executive review.
· Assist in pressure testing incremental cost and revenue estimates; and
· Assist in drafting business models and documents;
· Assist in value added projects
Ad hoc duties as required
The ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum of 3 years related experience in finance in a business environment, Experience of business partnering.
- Strong systems experience
- Experience in analysing/dissecting data to produce meaningful reporting
- Qualified to degree level in accounting
CPA / CA / CIMA qualification preferred Exposure to TM1 or other BI tools
Intermediate Excel skills
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
- Highly accurate with strong attention to detail
- Team Player
- Able to work under pressure
- Interpersonal and relationship building skills; demonstrated ability to engage with internal and external customers
- Strong influencing skills
- Business acumen