|Location:||NSW - Sydney|
|Posted:||7 months ago|
I have partnered with a new to market NEO bank. This business is currently in its infancy, it is being built by market leading and reputable professionals who have previously spent their time working for top quartile companies and in short, have built similar ‘successful’ businesses in the past.
It is refreshing to be working with such a forward-thinking CEO, Business partner & company within the Financial Services space. This business is looking to match the needs in its entirety of the modern market and its customers’ demands.
With a mission to identify, quantify, and manage risks proactively developing a framework to maintain successful business operations and deliver sustainable, long-term profitability.
A currently small sized outfit made up of a complement of seasoned, internationally experienced professionals who offer the business intelligent timely and detailed insight, whilst also the empowerment to effect change across necessary lines.
My client provides a platform to not only exercise your skill set but also offers the opportunity to diversify and develop it in an autonomous environment.
Primary objective: Responsible for developing and implementing the overall Risk Strategy and Risk Management Framework. Connect and align risk appetite with key individuals and groups to improve business performance. Identify and remove obstacles which prevent teams working together.
Further comments/accountabilities to be sent to you directly.
In light of the business approach to their work past, present and upcoming it is worth mentioning the exposure on this gig is unparalleled to what you’d receive at CRO level amongst their local competitors in both small and large firms.
Should you read the following and feel confident in your capabilities to fulfill the requirements of the role having spent time working alongside the CRO or those leading the way. Please apply as my client is keen to consider those wanting to taken on the challenge and step into the role
- Ensuring great relationships with APRA – stakeholder management is key.
- Effective working relationship with CIO and CEO.
- Bring the Risk Management Framework to life in a meaningful and commercial way (no mandated waste*).
- Support the CEO to manage the outsourced Internal Audit Function.
- Past (direct) experience with APRA is highly desirable.
- Strong skills / experience in IT / Technology Risk.
- Fintech experience desirable.
- Demonstrated success in a similar role as a 2ic, Head of, Senior Manager.
- Tertiary qualifications in business, management or a related topic.
- Relevant industry work experience.
- Business planning & analytic skills.
- Strong business acumen & commercial awareness.
- Ability to coach and influence others.
- Emotional resilience.
Desirable skill set:
- Worked within a risk & compliance department in the financial services space.
- Experienced on ASIC / APRA regulation.
- Project management.
Let’s talk in more detail on the phone – in the meantime please forward your interests/application to - firstname.lastname@example.org