|Posted:||8 months ago|
The Chief Financial Officer, who will be based at the Melbourne headquarters to the east, will support the Shared Services Director and broader Advisory Committee in various strategic objectives. In addition to assuming the responsibility for the overall finance, payroll and procurement teams, the CFO will have a varied, challenging and exciting remit with a large focus on budget cycle and involvement in big milestones within the next year.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Keep the Executive Leadership Team informed of any external factors which may potentially impact the strategy or financial position of the company
- Prepare the management reporting to support sound decision-making across all corporate entities
- Lead the budgeting and forecasting processes and review with the Executive Leadership Team monthly while also articulating and presenting to counselors the finance strategy
- Apply risk management strategies to protect the organisation and enable growth
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory bodies overseeing financial and tax reporting
- Liaise with external stakeholders and professional advisors
- Manage cash flow management and reporting
- Identify areas for process improvement and build rigour in process and financial reporting to ensure best practice is observed
- Build, lead and mentor collaborative and accountable Finance, Payroll and Procurement teams
- Currently, a qualified CA or CPA in a financial leadership role with an established career history, the successful candidate will have managed transformational finance teams in the past and have a proven track record/experience in local government budget cycle and the unique governance structure.
- This individual will demonstrate a strong affinity for financial planning and working capital management in local government, with the ability to successfully lead high-performing finance functions.
- Candidates must possess executive gravitas and confidence in their judgement and decision-making, exhibiting clear and articulate communication backed by financial data and analysis.
- Skilled in stakeholder management, candidates for this role must have demonstrated experience working across internal and external stakeholder groups.
- Superior leadership skills are a must for this role. Candidates must have transformed and led successful Finance teams, instilling values of teamwork, collaboration and accountability.
Only candidates with current full working rights in place for Australia will be considered for this opportunity. If of interest please contact Cohen Officer on email@example.com