|Posted:||about 1 month ago|
About our client
Our client is a leading diversified Sydney based property developer and construction company. Their business focuses on the development of new residential buildings and is committed to providing quality-made properties in prime locations in Sydney. They have a friendly, multicultural office environment that is transparent and free of office politics.
About the role
In this role, you will be the sole legal counsel of a growing construction company. You will utilise your experience in construction law to draft and review commercial documents, manage litigation and manage risks.
You will also provide practical and commercially sound advice to senior management and manage internal and external stakeholders.
This role will best suit a construction lawyer coming from private practice looking to move in-house or an existing in-house counsel looking to move into a more senior, autonomous role.
- Identify and manage legal issues and risks to the company.
- Review and advise on tender documents, contracts, and policies.
- Manage ongoing litigation.
- Legal training of staff.
Ideally you will possess:
- 5+ years of post-admission experience at a mid-tier or well-regarded boutique firm or from an in-house team.
- Experience in construction law.
- Prior in-house experience is desirable but not essential.
- Strong commercial acumen and stakeholder management skills.
How to apply
To be considered for this role click APPLY now or call Sommer on 02 9641 2416 for a confidential discussion.