|Location:||NSW - Sydney|
|Posted:||7 days ago|
The Contract Specialist will proactively lead and manage contract management function for up to three major infrastructure projects across the project office. T. It undertakes the assessment of contractual claims and disputes negotiates with the contractors to resolve any issues/disputes and manages the preparation of documents for expert determination or litigation to represent the Roads and Maritime position.
- Provision of expert contract management advice and support to the Project Team(s) on site for effective delivery of major projects, using contemporary best practices while complying with relevant policies, procedures and relevant legal/statutory requirements.
- Promoting commitment to cooperative relationship management at the contract start up workshops and periodic performance review meetings for the selected contracts.
- Implementation and deployment of consistent contract management and dispute resolution framework across all projects/program.
- Leading (jointly) procurement activities, contract negotiations and discussions.
- Organising or participating in contractual audits as necessary to ensure that the contracting parties comply with their respective obligations under the Contract.
- Undertaking the investigation, assessment and reporting of claims in dispute by providing advice and resolution strategies.
- Negotiate or participate in the negotiation process for a commercial resolution of any issue with the contractor and if it is unresolved, managing the preparation of documentation for expert determination or litigation
- Ensuring compliance with the safety and environmental management obligations.
To be considered, you will have the following
- Extensive experience in contracts management, negotiations, claims analysis/assessment and dispute resolution processes in delivering major infrastructure projects.
- Self-starter and hands-on professional who can work independently or with SMEs as required
- Highly skilled in stakeholder management with ability to quickly identify and build relationships with key internal customers and stakeholders
- An effective communicator with strong oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, negotiation and influencing skills.
Please submit your profile to firstname.lastname@example.org or click apply