|Location:||NSW - Sydney|
|Posted:||5 months ago|
My Client is an ASX listed technology company and one of the world’s leading providers in the gaming and leisure industry. They offer a diverse range of products and services including electronic and gaming machines and social gaming management systems.
They pride themselves on being a company who deliver outstanding results by pushing the boundaries of innovation, creativity and technology.
About the Role
This is a Credit collections supervisor role with 3 direct reports. This position owns the credit and collections functions for the ANZ
The key to success in this role lies in building supportive, strong relationships and business knowledge and ensuring integrity, accuracy and completeness of data provided. A real customer service focus is required.
You will also play an active role in the broader Shared Services and Group Finance team, as well as assisting Manager Credit and Accounts Receivable (ANZ/APAC). Additionally supporting enterprise initiatives as and when they arise in the respective area of responsibility.
You will be required to supervise the team to ensure they are meeting their goals and objectives as assigned and escalate any major issues to the Regional Credit and A/R Manager ANZ-APAC and serve as back up during period of absence.
Act as a change agent and driver for continuous improvement around the processes owned, with a focus on improving the key metrics around our credit and collections targets, leveraging off your very strong experience and skill set in this field.
This is a hand on role and will roll up the sleeves to help the ANZ/APAC regions achieve their goals and deadlines.
Must have excellent:
- Interpersonal skills
- Solid credit and billings knowledge
- Commercial Acumen
- Problem solving skills
- Execution focussed (accountability, on time, getting the job done)
- Responsible for carrying out financial controls and procedures as they relate to credit.
- Leads the credit review process through analysing customer credit applications, financial statements, banking reports and credit reports from third parties to determine the credit-worthiness of the customer.
- Performs regular due diligence on all new customers with a view to providing credit in accordance with the established matrix and procedures.
- Ensure we hold accurate and proper documentation in relation to current and inactive customer accounts.
- Carry out agreed credit and service hold policies and report exceptions to Manager Credit and Accounts Receivable (ANZ/APAC) and/or Director Group credit and accounts receivable.
- Manage and maintain PPSR register
- Assist Credit Manager with clients who are under administration, liquidation and/or legal.
- Assist with EOM reporting in absence of Credit Manager
- Assist with mid & end of year Audit requirements.
- Have a proactive approach to collections, whereby collection teams are in regular contact with customers and account managers, to ensure customer issues are resolved prior to debts becoming due
- Ensure accurate application of customer cash receipts. Implement practices to ensure efficient cash application and drive reductions in unapplied cash balances.
- Monitors past due accounts and make recommendations to Manager Credit and Accounts Receivable (ANZ/APAC) or Director Group Credit and Accounts Receivable to implement collection action and payment plans.
- Maintains contact with customers regarding past due balances. Oversees completion of reconciliations and maintaining customer files including copies of unpaid invoices, verifies returned goods, researches payment problems and assists with the resolution of customer disputes.
- Works closely with Sales Directors and where needed the Account Executives to collect past due balances.
- Review collection operations regularly, to improve cash flow and reduce outstanding receivable
- Monitor & support the collection team during staff absence to ensure their monthly targets are met
- Administer and monitor third party agency progress
The ideal candidate:
Bachelor’s degree in Business or Accounting preferred
A minimum of 10 years credit and collection experience or equivalent is required.
Experience in a global organisation preferred.
Skills, knowledge, and qualifications
- Established skill level with standard credit/collection concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Proficient in spreadsheet applications and business management computer systems.
- Goal orientated with the ability set and achieve objectives.
- Must have excellent organizational skills.
- Must possess ability to synthesize complex or diverse information.
- Display orientation to profitability.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with strengths in written and oral communication.
- Must possess a high level of personal and professional accountability and be able to enlist the cooperation of peer groups involved in common business goals and objectives.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.