|Location:||NSW - Sydney|
|Posted:||about 1 month ago|
About the Company:
My Client is a genuine leader in Insurance law that boasts a highly impressive client base, both domestically and internationally.
They are looking for an experienced Credit Control Officer to join and support the in-house finance function.
The firm have a flexible approach with the option to work from home two days per week. This role is initially temporary but there is genuine & high likelihood of going permanent.
About the Role:
Credit Control Officer needed to manage the Firm’s outstanding debts / monies owed. Large, multi-million dollar ledger with Firm’s insurance clients with tasks including ensuring timely payments, resolving account queries and daily receipting of bank rec’s.
- Credit control for at least 50% of firm’s debtor ledger which currently consists of approximately 100 clients and multi-million dollars worth of debt.
- Several debtors involve collection via brokers, third-party administrators and collection agencies so in these instances, you may need to obtain appropriate approvals and collection references such as UCR, UMR or CORs from Insurers to enable same.
- Process in place to obtain internal approvals and issue letter of demands to Insured’s or individuals where necessary. You will be responsible for actioning this on debtors exceeding 90 days in age. If all attempts at collection have been actioned and the letter of demand does not result in payment, you will then be responsible for escalating to Insurer or submitting debtor to external debtor agency for assistance.
- In instances where a bill is disputed by a payor, you may need to assist with dispute resolution where possible by liaising with payor and Partner as appropriate and actioning provided instructions.
- Daily receipting of bank reconciliations for Office Accounts and ensuring all payments are allocated timely. In instances where there is uncertainty around allocation particulars, additional information will need to be sought and actioned within reasonable timeframes.
- Matter Credit Management which will involve but not limited to investigating and resolving unidentified payments and discrepancy issues.
- Various adhoc tasks within finance team (including; covering for specific team members absences).
The ideal Candidate:
- Have minimum of 2 years successful collection experience within a legal services firm.
- Experience within Insurance industry will be highly regarded, but not compulsory.
- Trust Account experience preferable, but not essential.
- Strong understanding of debtor management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills – to analyse debtor information.
- Ability to multitask, prioritise and work effectively.
- Ability to anticipate work needs based on policies and procedures and follow through with minimum direction.
- Ability to form effective relationships with clients and internally from a debtor management perspective.
- Proactively suggesting and supporting improvements and efficiency.
- High attention to detail.