|Location:||NSW - Sydney|
|Posted:||6 months ago|
About the Role
A large public institution is seeking an experienced Employment Lawyer to assist them on a contract basis with an existing caseload of litigated and non-litigated matters. Advising across a wide range of employment law related matters, you will have the opportunity to build a solid internal reputation, which could lead to a permanent position at the end of your contract. The team is known for their solid processes, strong work ethics and collaborative mindset on top of a good work-life balance.
This role will suit well an Employment Lawyer for their first in-house role, an experienced employment lawyer seeking a contract with tangible opportunities to settle permanently or if you’re keen to explore new opportunities across the public sector.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Work with a Varied caseload.
- Potentially move to a permanent position.
- Work with a Highly reputable government body.
- Provide general employment law advice and work on adhoc projects when critical for the business.
- Work closely with the Senior Management team and the HR department to ensure that the processes in place are compliant with the legislation.
- Represent the institution as an advocate at first instance if needed and liaise when necessary with technical experts and external counsels.
- Admitted as a Solicitor in the Supreme Court of NSW.
- Minimum 3 years’ post qualification experience in employment law in a reputable law firm / public institution.
- Sound knowledge of Workplace Relations, Industrial Relations, Work Health & Safety and strong advocacy skills.
- Eagerness to contribute to a collaborative team.
How to apply
Should you like to discuss this role in further detail, please get in touch with Ben Smith on (02) 9641 2440 or Bens@charterhouse.com.au