|Posted:||3 months ago|
At Charterhouse we pride ourselves on providing the most suitable quality candidates to our clients and likewise, provide exciting opportunities for prospective candidates. Whilst working for us you will be provided with constant support, excellent salary and the opportunity to broaden your local government experience and knowledge.
This local government authority requires an experienced Environmental Health Officer to join their busy team in the Northern suburbs. This contract would be to start as soon as possible and conclude at the end of January and for the right candidate, has the opportunity for longer term work.
Experienced officers are required to enforce council by laws and legislation pertaining to environmental health. You will be required to undertake investigations & OH&S audits within council and commercial premises.
- Undertaking inspections and investigations in accordance with council policies and procedures
- Keep and maintain accurate written records of all official dealings
- Investigate breaches of Council Local Laws within the Environmental health Unit
- Assisting with routine inspection and compliance activities as required
As the successful candidate you will have:
- Tertiary qualification within Environmental Science and knowledge of the relevant legislation
- Previous experience within enforcement and compliance along will the facility to educate the community and promote understanding and cooperation
- Eligible to be a member of the Australian Institute of Environmental Health
- Excellent communications skills
- Flexible and proactive attitude towards work
This is a varied role and will suit someone who is flexible and can work autonomously as well as part of a team. If you are a hard working individual with a desire to continue working for local government, please apply today. For further information please contact Sinead Quinn at email@example.com or call 03 8610 6103.