|Location:||NSW - Sydney|
|Posted:||21 days ago|
This role is to lead a highly effective and value adding finance service function. To significantly contribute to development and implementation of strategies which achieve financial improvement, service delivery and financial performance progression.
The role involves:-
- Management of all internal financial forecasting, accounts with Balance Sheet management.
- Oversee working capital management and cash flow forecasting.
- Facilitation of Annual business plan and budget development.
- Control of Capital Expenditure and expenditure business case preparation.
- Management of the finance system control, ensuring accuracy of transactions and effective operation.
- Provide interface with Parent Company organisations and the Corporate Team, ensuring accounting timetable is adhered to and deadlines are met.
- Continuous assessment and improvement of financial processes and procedures.
- Maintain high quality standards in compliance with management systems.
- Provide direction and guidance on finance and procurement matters.
- Ensure all works are delivered in accordance with agreed delegations of authority.
- Ability to develop, follow and implement financial policies, procedures and processes.
Operational Delivery Management
- Develop and maintain a proactive, positive and influential relationship with key stakeholders.
- Management of all Forward Works Program actual cost verification and provision of Payment Claims to ensure services are delivered in line with budget, program and contract performance obligations and requirements.
- Recognize and solve potential problems and evaluate business effectiveness through ensuring business case, risk analysis and mitigation at all stages of delivery.
- Regularly monitor, report, initiate and communicate on performance targets within area of control.
- Support driving efficiency, continual service improvement and financial improvement through development of strategies and implementation of action plans.
Financial and Reporting
- Manage compilation and presentation of all financial statements, accounts, forecasts and performance reports.
- Review status reports prepared by operational managers and modify budgets, forecast, contingencies, provisions and commitments as required.
- Prepare reports, forecasts and accounts/ Payment Claims for management, client, or other parties as required.
- Governance and management of the annual budget and change control process ensuring accurate positions are understood and reported timely.
- Provide input to the preparation of management plans and reports.
Requirements of the successful candidate:-
- Excellent organisational skills with demonstrable ability in business financial control and management, business systems, and oversight/ governance of complex work portfolios and budgets.
- Management experience (general and financial) with capacity and capability to manage development and implementation of plans, systems and cultural change.
- Demonstrable ability to create and maintain a workplace culture of working safely where all persons are accountable.
- Demonstrable ability to establish, manage and maintain effective client relationships, particularly around financial and commercial, performance prioritisation, complex data systems and budget forecasting and prioritisation.
YOU MUST HAVE A BACKGROUND IN CONSTRUCTION
- Minimum: Business, Accounting or relevant Degree
- Preferred: CA/CPA