|Location:||NSW - Sydney|
|Posted:||2 months ago|
- Parramatta Location
- Attractive Salary
About the Company:
The department delivers a diverse range of essential services and supports to the community of NSW at the point in their lives where they come into contact with either the criminal or civil justice system.
About the Role:
The role is responsible for supporting the management of the Department’s financial reporting function. Oversee the delivery of statutory financial statements and other matters related to the financial reporting function that accurately reflect the organisation’s true financial position.
Duties to include:
- Manage the preparation and analysis of reports for the Director of Financial Reporting to facilitate effective decision making with the aim of achieving the Departments goals and objectives.
- Develop the Department’s capacity to analyse and improve its operational performance through sound financial management practice.
- Provide advice and support to the Director Financial Reporting on critical issues related to the Department’s financial reporting, related policy, and help manage corporate risk.
- Manage the Department’s financial reporting function to ensure a high quality of financial reporting and accounting services are delivered with strategic alignment to the department’s organisational objectives.
- Align the use of financial resources with the Department’s corporate and business goals and ensure financial reporting area operates within budget allocation and available resources.
- Assist in the oversight of reviewing, developing and implementing financial reporting systems including identification and mitigation of risks.
- Build and support relationships with internal and external stakeholders to facilitate commitment to strategies and programs and provide financial reporting support to allow these stakeholders to meet financial obligations and priorities.
- Manage and support the development of staff to foster exceptional morale, enthusiasm and a culture of innovation across the Department.This includes performance appraisals, leadership, coaching to support the development of a high performing team.
- CPA/ CA Qualification
- Advanced analytical and communication skills
- Previous team management (essential)
- Experience using SAP
Please send updated cv's through to firstname.lastname@example.org