|Location:||VIC - Melbourne|
|Posted:||4 months ago|
Charterhouse are currently working with a well-known not-for-profit organisation in search of a Financial Accountant. This position is a newly created one where the successful candidate will be working alongside the wider accounting team and non-finance based functions during a systems and process-transformation period. This position will primarily focus on the month-end, year-end and bank reconciliations efficiency during this period, as well as mentoring the accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll teams. The key responsibilities will be:
- Manage monthly reporting pack including P&L, balance sheet and variance analysis.
- Operate the financial reporting package.
- Preparing and posting month end related journals.
- Manage the preparation of month-end reconciliations.
- Maintain the fixed asset register.
- Tax reconciliations: GST, FBT, PAYG etc.
- Monthly BAS reports and yearly FBT return.
- Audit preparations and statutory reporting processes.
- Mentor AP, AR and Payroll functions.
There will be ample opportunities to progress within the organisation, with the finance function growing steadily in the next few years as the business changes. The ideal candidate for this position will be a qualified accountant, with large company experience looking to move into a progressive environment. The key requirements for candidates are:
- CA or CPA Qualification.
- Proven experience with tangible achievements in financial accounting.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel.
- Background in not-for-profit or public sector would be beneficial.
What's on offer the for the successful candidate?
- An organisation that promotes internal progression.
- Training and development opportunities.
- A transformation environment that offers new challenges.
- A collaborative and social office culture.
If this sounds like the ideal position for you then please apply through this advertisement, or email Daniel Ball on email@example.com.