|Location:||NSW - Sydney|
|Posted:||11 days ago|
- $90-100k + Superannuation
- Permanent role located in modern Mascot head office
- Influential role driving all accounting for business promotion and vendor rebates
About the Company
Established Australian retail giant with a diverse 20 year history. Managing to find their niche and identify market needs, they have secured strong return and growth. With 100,000 product offerings and a large B2B client base, they are the name to go to in their sector, covering the entire nation.
About the Role
This role is reporting to the Financial Reporting Manager, taking accountability of reporting for net promotional income, such as vendor rebate and catalogue income. Responsibilities and opportunities will include;
- Reporting for all net promotional income; including vendor rebate revenue and advertising income recognition.
- Month end processes and reporting for the net promotional income which is over 10% of the entire company’s revenue – giving this role vast influence.
- Work closely with merchandising team to ensure accuracy of rebate transactions, and advertising income recognition.
- Month end; accruals, revenue recognition, receivable ageing analysis.
- Reconcile balance sheet general ledgers monthly.
- Assist BP&A team in reviewing actuals and variance analysis.
- Consult with collection team on aged debts.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives.
Skills & Experience
- Retail Accounting experience at Financial Accountant level.
- Understanding and exposure to promotional income accounting and vendor rebates advantageous.
- CA/CPA Qualified or close to completion of studies towards.
- Strong technical and system skills; ideally worked with Vistex.
- Advanced Excel.
- Sense of ownership and commitment, paired with a team player approach.
- Must be a Citizen or Permanent Resident to apply.
- Large company with a close-knit family feel, over 1500 employees.
- Career progression encouraged, vacancy is due to a promotion.
- Collaborative, process improvement driven finance team.
- Mentorship culture with commitment to help you achieve your best.