|Location:||NSW - Sydney|
|Posted:||26 days ago|
We are recruiting a financial controller for an expanding boutique service provider well known within their field. The role will encompass a broad range of activities including: strategic planning, budgeting/forecasting, analysis, financial reporting, statutory and tax compliance.
This is a number 1 role reporting to the managing director and leading a small finance team. You will be setting metrics and deliverables around the business planning cycles as well as greater controls across their compliance and business case review processes.
Responsibilities for the role will include:
- Setting budgets for long/short term cycles including all corporate KPIs for ongoing effective business management
- Preparing management reports around business performance and provide analysis to board of directors and sales teams
- Liaising with business leads across the organisation, communicating the financial results and advising them on any technical accounting issues
- Production of the statutory accounts, ensuring tax compliance and assessing legislative impact to the business
Requirements for the role will include:
- Must have a clear track record at the FM/FC level; ownership of everything from TB, month-end, tax, payroll, forecasting, cash flow management
- CA/CPA qualified, ideally from a Chartered firm with at least 5-10 years post qualified experience gained in commerce
- Experience working in an SME business, someone who is a strategic thinker but not afraid of being hands-on
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Someone who can confidential present results to a board of directors
- We are seeking an accomplished controller who is ready to take on a number 1 finance role. You will need a passion for getting things right and will work with the MD on growing profitability within the group.
My client is expanding and offers a fast-paced environment for you to be part of. They have an exciting customer base and offer you the chance to help realise some very real initiatives to positively impact their future sales.
If you are interested in this position and feel you meet the criteria, then please send your CV to email@example.com or click on the link attached to this advert