|Location:||VIC - Melbourne|
|Posted:||about 1 year ago|
Charterhouse are currently partnering with a leading group within the education sector in search for a General Ledger Accountant for their brand new shared services function. This is a newly created position where the successful candidate will be working closely with the Shared Services Manager and the Program Manager of Technology and Innovation to improve workflow and efficiencies with regards to Business Activity statements, Installment Activity Statements, Fixed Assets, FBT etc. There is a particular focus on integrating new processes through Technology One and establishing a standardized framework of accounting compliance with the aid of Finance Business Partners.
Within this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Supervising team members in monthly transactional and reconciliation processes and ensuring quality of support and service provided.
- Maintaining relationships with non-financial and financial stakeholders.
- Maintaining BAS, IAS, and FBT processes and championing these process changes with stakeholders as a 'subject matter expert.'
- Preparation of Financial Statements, Bank Reconciliations and End of Month Reconciliations.
- Mentor a team within the newly created Shared Services Centre.
The successful candidate will possess the following within their profile:
- Prior and tangible experience within a similar position.
- Experience working in or with the education, not-for-profit entities.
- Experience in process improvement within GL/Financial Accounting.
- Experience in leading and mentoring junior and intermediate members of staff.
What's On Offer?
- Opportunity to work with a market-leading education organisation.
- Extensive career progression opportunities.
- Exposure to a transformation-focused environment.
- Flexible working arrangements.
If this sounds like your next career move then please apply through this page, or contact Daniel Ball on firstname.lastname@example.org.