|Posted:||about 1 month ago|
My client is one of the leading financial modelling (build and audit) firms in the project finance market, and is recognised by lenders and investors for the quality and integrity of its model reviews, and inclusion of sector-specific expertise in its analysis. In addition, the team provides project valuation and broader advisory services, in the context of debt and equity transactions. We focus on providing comprehensive insight to bidders and investors as to the scoping, structuring, and allocation of risk in projects so as to make them robust and enduring investments.
Responsibility for delivery of model build and transaction advisory engagements
- Assume day to day responsibility for a portfolio of financial model build assignments across PPP and renewable energy sectors for projects at bid stage, financial close and in operations invariably involving international co-ordination with our teams in other offices
- For projects ensure work plans are in place and followed including approach, test plan, quality control, allocating resources and complying with risk management procedures
- Ensure budget is set and managed
- Output is of a high standard and the client is satisfied
- Work in progress and debts monitored and managed
- Act as peer reviewer on projects managed by other project managers and analysts
- We would expect you to specialise in model build and transaction advisory but also deliver financial model training
Develop and sustain own competencies needed to perform the above role, including completing training.
Develop junior members of team, through effective management in assignments, and mentoring in developing specific skills and capabilities.
The successful candidate will have:
1. Previous sector experience
- Understanding of regulatory / legal / technical aspects of sector
- Understanding of client / industry / features, issues, and trends in the project finance industry and the renewable energy sector.
- Understanding of project finance and project documentation, project structures
2. Understanding tax and accounting
- Knowledge of basic Australian tax and IFRS/GAAP accounting
- Sector specific tax and accounting knowledge desirable
3. Other desirable skills
- Prior training in best practice financial modelling
- Experience delivering training courses
- Experience of corporate modelling and other sectors of financial modelling
- Ability to develop macros in VBA
- Experience of integration of databases and other data sources into excel spreadsheets
To apply please follow the links