|Location:||NSW - Sydney|
|Posted:||4 months ago|
- Provide support for the ICT Global Network Services within agreed service levels
- Manage performance and capacity of the Global Network Services systems and ensure continuous service to meet our client’s business needs
- Establish and monitor alignment of the Global Network Services environment to the target end state
- Maintain service level requirements for Global Network Services as agreed with Key Relationship managers.
- Maintain and monitor Global Network Services infrastructure availability and reliability to meet agreed service levels, in-line with common monitoring approach
- Ensure hardware/software applications and network components in the Global Network Services environment comply with established technical and operational standards
- Assist with developing and maintaining standards for Global Network Services.
- Coordinate service requests, problem diagnoses, and escalated support for Global Network Services technologies across the company
- Support the provisioning, installation, operation, upgrading, and performance testing of Global Network Services infrastructure
- Maintain accuracy and currency of Global Network Services documentation, including configuration documentation of known and tested states, and service procedures
- Monitor new releases and patches to operating systems and applications in the Global Network Services environment and make recommendations on implementation and testing strategies
- Maintain awareness of potential areas for improvement, enhancement and upgrade by maintaining a good working knowledge of advancements in the Global Network Services environment and make recommendations on adaption
- Provide regular reporting on new and existing service risks and take accountability of risk remediation as required
- Support Global Network Services vendor relationships and contracts to meet our client’s business needs and technical requirements
- Implement industry standard ICT system and network management practices as they relate to the Global Network Services environment.
- Support the development of the ICT strategy and target EA, specifically ensuring new investments are consistent with existing infrastructure platforms, standards, and priorities.
- Participate in Centre of Practise (Cop) with Global peers
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Specialist Network Engineer)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline (or equivalent background)
- 10+ years of IT Technology experience, or relevant business or team leadership.
- 7+ years of experience of enterprise systems management experience
- 4+ years of experience in enterprise class organisations
- 3+ years of network design and architecture experience
- 2+ years of project management experience
- Architecture, Planning, Implementation, Administration & Support experience in the majority of the following Networking and Security Technologies:
- Demonstrated knowledge Fabric Path, Spanning tree
- Catalyst/Branch workgroup type switches
- Troubleshooting, layer 3 routing, VTP/SVI
- Understanding of layer 3 routing across multiple platforms including ISR Gen 2 routers, 4k series, ASR
- Protocols - OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, HSRP, QoS,
- Has worked with both Private and Public networks, MPLS, Layer 2, VPM, DMVPN, Site to Site and client VPN
- Cisco based AP both autonomous and light weight
- Understanding of Heat Maps and site surveys
- Ability to troubleshoot and debug through WLC
- Extensive understanding of Firewall rules and analysis
- ASA, Palo Alto and Checkpoint
- Create ACL's, understand NATs
- Thorough understanding of SD-WAN fundamentals
- Understand the fundamentals that providers like Meraki and Velocloud offer
- Able to engineer and support the configurations of QOS and application steering where it pertains to SDWAN
- Understand SD-WAN, workings of, explanation, and deployment
- Solid understanding of ZScaler, its deployment, operation and function.
- Understand and support the basic configurations of QOS and application steering where it pertains to SDWAN
- Proxy, deployment, configuration and workings
TROUBLESHOOTING AND MONITORING TOOLS
- Fundamental PC skills
- Ability to use Wireshark,
- Take captures, and analyse
- Understand SNMP
- Used monitoring tools i.e. SolarWinds, NetIQ etc.
- SolarWinds automation and orchestration
- ACS, Prime Infrastructure
- Strong knowledge on Cloud vendors and Architectures (Azure, AWS)
- Ability to manage projects of any size using the LLC Project Framework
- Ability to assist with the development and compliance of ICT policies and processes.
- Ability to improve processes and procedures by way of Automation and Orchestration.
- Have a full understanding of the ICT Project Management policies, practices and procedures.
DESIRED CAPABILITIES & BEHAVIOURS (Specialist Network Engineer)
Desired Competencies (based on SFIA): Knowledge and skills in:
- Service Operation – practices of IT operations, network control and operation, problem management, and incident management
- Service Transition – practices for change and release management
- Service Design – practices for capacity management, configuration management and service level management
- Procurement & management support – application of resource management, quality management, asset management, and supplier relationship management
- Focus - e.g. delivers on intended results to region
- Judgment – e.g. ability to properly evaluate situations and immediately provide effective solutions
- Team Building - e.g. cultivates productive working relationships across with the
- Region and with Group ICT
- Accountability – e.g. displays resilience; commits to actions and delivers against commitments, adjusts course with skill
- Customer Service - Ability to interface with a variety of technical and business personnel with courtesy, tact and diplomacy.
- Organization – Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks under general direction
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered please contact Will Munro on Wmunro@charterhouse.com.au or 02 9641 2441