|Location:||NSW - Sydney|
|Posted:||2 months ago|
I am currently seeking an experienced HR professional for a permanent role within a Transport and Logistics organisation in Wollongong.
The primary function of this role is to support and advise the workforce, providing support across the HR Function. The successful candidate will provide HR advice, coaching & support to various internal stakeholders and teams, support with recruitment, manage the on-boarding programme for new starters and work on various projects. Within the role, you will also work closely with the General Manager to lead with the HR function and provide administrative support on a one-to-one basis.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, have strong attention to detail and have demonstrated experience in a HR Coordinator/Generalist role. Candidates with 4/5 years’ experience will be considered favourably. You will be a confident self-starter, use your initiative and be able to multi-task effectively. Holding the appropriate tertiary qualification, you will have strong understanding and interpretation of legislation coupled with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Previous experience in working within the Transport and Logistics sector would be highly advantageous.
Day to day duties
- Advising and implementing HR programs including employee relations, talent acquisition, succession planning, compensation, performance goals and year-end processes
- Improving manager and employee performance by providing consultation on performance management, conflict resolution, and manager effectiveness, remuneration and benefits and employee relations.
- Acting as the first point of contact for clients on all issues and partner with the Executive Team to deliver solutions and to create change
- Coaching local leadership on effective team performance, people practices and culture change
- Diary management and travel coordination on behalf of the General manager
- 3-5 years HR generalist experience
- Preferably previous experience working within a Transport and Logistics environment
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong administrator with a high level of quality and follow through high attention to detail with fast turnaround every time
- Strong customer service, facilitation, conflict management, change management, interpersonal, influencing and project management skills
- Experienced with stakeholder engagement
- Qualifications at Degree level in Human Resources
- Due to the high number of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.