|Location:||NSW - Sydney|
|Posted:||5 months ago|
The Horticulturalist - Nursery, co-ordinates a range of services including plant production, maintenance of plant collections and commercial contracts.
- Undertake horticultural maintenance and the curation of horticultural collections in accordance with policies and procedures and current horticultural industry practice.
- Provide the horticultural technical skills required to implement work and maintenance programs ensuring the effective and efficient delivery of services.
- Assist with the accurate recording, data entry and analysis of plant records.
- Curation of a diverse range of plants including the control of pests and diseases, weed control, plant nutrition and irrigation control.
- Maintaining knowledge of an increasingly diverse range of plant collections and establishing appropriate conditions for the maintenance of horticultural collections and displays
- Maintain records and plant labels in accordance with policies and procedures including the consolidation and accumulation of all relevant information used for correct plant identification, location and research.
- Certificate lll in either Horticulture or equivalent qualifications in the
maintenance of potted collections, potting and propagation, watering, pest and disease control, weed management, plant nutrition.
- Chem Cert III
- Experience in a Nursery environment.
- Current driver’s licence with the ability to drive manual vehicles
- A willingness to undertake fieldwork and work outdoors throughout the year for extended periods of time and have the ability to lift and carry a minimum 15 kilos
Experience of working with Australian natives.
Apply now to be considered for this role or call Poppy on 9641 2461 for more information