|Location:||ACT - Canberra|
|Posted:||8 months ago|
IT Service Desk Analyst
Ideal start date - 1-07-2020
Australian Citizen Required
Purpose of the role: The ICT Service Desk Analyst supports the ICT Service Desk Manager in the administration of matters relating to the resolution of technical ICT problems within the Engineering, Infrastructure and Operations Section of the ICT Branch during an electoral event., During the electoral event, the role will undertake work under limited guidance, utilising functional expertise within the area of IT systems and infrastructure.
Key position responsibilities
- Assist AEC staff via phone, email, remote and onsite support with incidents and service requests within an ITIL framework.
- Undertake Level 1 and 2 Desktop support for staff in the AEC's National Office; Canberra City ACT and other AEC locations as required across the country.
- Perform systems administration and asset management tasks in support of the ICT Operations team. Record accurate, timely and meaningful data in relation to client follow ups, requests and communication.
- Coordinate with team members and other IT support areas to provide resolution of issues, including the escalation of more complex issues to management and technical teams as required.
- Conduct research and analysis to obtain evidence-based conclusions and assist in the management, preparation and coordination of policy or procedure formulation and/or project management.
- Install and configure software and hardware and repair and replace peripheral equipment.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of standard operating processes and procedures. Develop and maintain key internal and external relationships, including liaising with stakeholders on policy, project or operational issues and responding to stakeholder needs and expectations.
- Provide accurate specialist advice, guidance and reporting on team functional responsibilities.
- Make and communicate decisions using good judgement, expertise and knowledge, governed by legislation, regulations, best practice principles or relevant operating instructions and procedures.
- Perform additional duties or assume responsibility of functions as directed from time to time.
Ability to obtain baseline clearance
- Knowledge and experience in successfully setting priorities and delivering quality results on time.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively whilst responding to stakeholder needs and expectations across a geographically dispersed network.
- Analytical abilities with the ability to obtain accurate conclusions and apply innovative initiatives while contributing to change and business improvement strategies.
- Demonstrated personal integrity whilst achieving results within legislative and policy parameters.
- Must be Australian citizens.
- Applicants are required to consent to, undergo, obtain and maintain a character clearance.
- Applicants are required to consent to, undergo, obtain and maintain the security clearance required for this role.
Knowledge and experience in the use of Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, Microsoft SCCM, Active Directory, Citrix, ITIL and Remote Access platforms are highly desirable