|Location:||NSW - Sydney|
|Salary:||Up to $60 p/h + super|
|Posted:||7 months ago|
- Sydney CBD
- Initial contract until 12/10/18
- Up to $60 p/h + super (35hr a week)
NSW Government agency is looking for a Legal Officer to provide legal advice and subject matter expertise to a range of stakeholders.
About the role:
- Provide high quality legal advice and legislative subject matter expertise to support the effective resolution of reviews, complaints and investigations.
- Represent the agency in courts and tribunals and/or brief external legal counsel when required.
- Conduct research and analysis to support the functions and objectives of the agency and draft high quality submissions, advices, briefs, reports and other correspondence to meet internal and external requirements.
- Represent the agency in committees, meetings and other forums to provide informed responses to issues and promote the role, functions, objectives and achievements of the agency
- Work closely with colleagues to develop, maintain and implement legal precedent and knowledge databases and performance
- Contribute to the development and implementation of strategies, policies and procedures
- Tertiary qualifications in law (must be admitted and hold a practising certificate)
- Proven experience with administrative law and advocacy, including judicial and quasi-judicial for a
- Demonstrated case management experience across complex legal issues
Please apply by following the link.
For further enquiries, please contact Stuart Jeltsema on 02 9641 2448 or firstname.lastname@example.org