|Location:||NSW - Sydney|
|Posted:||2 months ago|
About the Company
My client plays a key coordinating and strategic role in the overall planning and management of fire prevention, protection and suppression in NSW.
About the Role
The primary purpose of the role is to undertake budget development, internal reporting and preparation of business cases to support the implementation of corporate goals and objectives and provide forecasts of the projected financial performance.
- Develop, implement and monitor the corporate annual and forward five-year budgets to ensure the effective coordination and alignment of programs with the strategic direction and priorities of the RFS
- Coordinate the organisation’s relationship with NSW Treasury so that preparation of inputs into the annual NSW Treasury budget process, Treasury on-line Entry System (TOES) to enable reporting and meet ad hoc NSW Treasury requirements
- Develop and coach RFS staff to improve financial management knowledge and skills; so, they have the necessary capability to operate competently within budgeting and reporting frameworks
- Develop and maintain an effective rolling projection of expenditure and revenue, to identify and manage variances
- Provide an effective and fit for purpose internal financial reporting systems to identify emerging issues and track and report income and expenditure
- Assist in internal and external reporting of emergency response expenditure and the operation of the Deductible Gift Recipient Trust
- Develop, implement and review financial management and accounting policies, procedures and guidelines so they are user friendly and readily available.
- Must be CA/ CPA Qualified
- Government background essential