|Location:||NSW - Sydney|
|Posted:||7 months ago|
As the media officer within this government department, your core focus will be to implement media initiatives and manage media issues and opportunities as directed, to enhance and maintain the reputation of the agency in the media.
- Deliver day to day media operations and researches and prepares speech notes to support the Senior Media Officer in meeting the objectives of the Media Unit.
- Monitor state wide media issues which could cause potential impacts to the business, in and out of hours, and identify emerging issues of political importance and consequence and research appropriate media strategies to address these issues.
- Respond to media issues and inquiries, in and out of hours, from internal and external stakeholders in a timely and efficient manner to support the effective functioning of the media unit.
- Deliver a high level of service to members of the media by providing timely and accurate responses to media inquiries to ensure timely and accurate reporting of issues in the media.
- Undertake research on public issues as requested by the Manager Media to ensure the accurate provision of information to key stakeholders when responding to public issues.
To be considered, you will have the following
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant media/journalism discipline or equivalent demonstrated media / journalism experience within a Government, public relations or media environment.
- Proven background and demonstrated ability to work on high profile and sensitive media issues to diverse audiences.
- Demonstrated writing and editing skills and the ability to produce accurate and effective material while meeting critical deadlines.
- Ability to coordinate and implement effective proactive public relations or media strategies.
- Ability to advise and deal effectively with a variety of stakeholder groups.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with suburban, regional and Sydney metropolitan media representatives.
Please submit your profile to email@example.com or click apply