|Location:||VIC - Melbourne|
|Posted:||8 days ago|
About the company:
Charterhouse are partnering with community focused organisation based in the Northern Suburbs who are seeking a Network Engineer to join the team on a permanent basis. This is one of the largest employers in the Northern Suburbs having a number of sites in the area. This is an organisation that really cares of the community and it’s customer base. You’d be working in a role where you can directly see your contribution make an impact.
About the role:
- You will be responsible for taking care of almost the whole network environment.
- You will be the sole BAU Network Engineer and be the go to person for all day-to-day queries network related.
- Design implement and maintain LANs and WANs.
- Design implement and support back room facilities to support mobile devices including support of WIFI facilities.
- Implement and monitor firewalls, virus scanners and SPAM filters.
- Design implement and maintain all cabling with the computer room, along with support of all other computer room facilities.
- Liaise with Vendors and project teams where necessary.
- If P1 incident occurs weekend or overtime may occur.
The successful applicant will have:
- Strong knowledge and experience working with Cisco 4500E Modular Chassis Core Switches, Cisco Catalyst Switches, Cisco ASR Routers
- Ability to support Cisco ICE, Cisco Firepower ASA and Cisco ACS environments
- Cisco Meraki – highly desired
- Previous experience with Netscaler
- Experience with LANs and WANs
- Ability to deploy new technology where needed
- Sound problem solving skills and root cause analysis
- Minimum 5 years hand on experience working in a network environment
- Drivers licence, Working with children’s check and Police Check
About the culture:
You will experience a supportive, caring, and diverse working culture, working alongside and collaborative IT team of 25 people.
This role would suit someone who is self-motivated, and happy to put there hands up for new things. You must also be a team player who is proactive and can pick things up quickly.
- Flexible working arrangements, monthly RDO.
- Generous parental leave.
- Work in an inclusive, equal opportunity employer.
- Excellent career progression opportunities provided.
- Training opportunities provided.
- In a great location.
- Access to secure on-site bicycle parking and a range of conveniently located public transport options.