|Location:||NSW - Sydney|
|Posted:||24 days ago|
- Immediate start in market leading engineering company
- Great company culture with on-site gym
- Work in a large finance structure, learning from best in class
About the Company:
Leading, global manufacturing powerhouse with strong market capitalisation. Australia HQ based here in Sydney.
About the Role:
This company are looking for an experienced Payroll Manager to lead a friendly, high-performing payroll team. You will bring your experience to deliver an exciting payroll transformation project and autonomously lead your team to deliver efficient payroll processing. This is an integral and hands-on role supported by the broader HR & finance team.
- Lead the payroll function to ensure that all employees are paid correctly and on-time and payroll transactions are completed in accordance industrial instruments and legislation.
- Manage and motivates a small of 6 including coaching and development of team.
- Manage the preparation of all State and Federal tax obligations including PAYG tax,
- Payroll tax and Superannuation Guarantee contributions
- Streamline the current payroll processes and procedures
- Review employee payment (termination/redundancy calculations, back payments, overpayments etc) ensuring they are prepared in accordance with industrial instruments and relevant legislation.
- Oversee the payroll calendar that all key tasks are completed by the team by the required deadlines.
- Perform quality control audits to ensure accuracy
- Build and maintain effective relationships with the executive team, HR, manager, employees and external stakeholders.
- Escalation point for employee/manager queries
- Ad-hoc duties as required.
The ideal candidate will ideally have previous experience from on a senior / management capacity and match the below requirements:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Payroll
- Experience working across multiple sites/agreements
- Labour law is an asset
- Problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong leader with exceptional communication skills
- Previous experience within a large complex payroll environment
- Comprehensive knowledge of Enterprise agreements, Modern Awards and other state and industry legislation
- Ability to implement and manage processes
- Advanced computer software skills, Word and Excel and other accounting / payroll packages