|Location:||NSW - Sydney|
|Posted:||3 months ago|
About the Company:
My Client is a leading international Legal firm headquartered in the CBD with a large footprint in Australia and businesses globally.
About the Role:
9-12 month FTC (TBC) Payroll management position covering an annual leave. Responsible for the payroll function including accurately processing all payroll information and meeting all tax and statutory obligations and prompt response to all payroll related queries.
- Responsible for performing the payroll function for 600 individuals (three monthly pay-runs) including the accurate preparation of all payroll payments with appropriate authorisation and documentation.
- Accurate calculation of remuneration payments, termination pays, allowances, maternity leave, and other entitlements in accordance with Awards, employment agreements, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Ultimate responsibility to ensure accuracy and timeliness for all payroll payments that are prepared by the Payroll Officer.
Tax and Statutory Compliance
- Managing and calculating payroll related taxes such as payroll tax and PAYG withholding tax and collating payroll information for Fringe Benefit Tax (FBT)
- Managing superannuation processes and payments.
- Managing workers compensation including annual declarations and claim payments
- Administering Federal Government's Paid Parental Leave Scheme.
- Preparing accurate salary forecasting reports on a monthly and yearly basis.
- Producing accurate annual payment summaries within the legislative period.
- Maintaining appropriate audit trails and accurate reports for all payments and payroll activities.
- Maintaining the payroll software, Chris 21, which includes testing all upgrades
- Ensure reconciling items are cleared from monthly reconciliations of payroll control accounts.
- Ensure general ledger mapping is maintained appropriately in the payroll system
- Supervising the Payroll Officer.
- Maintaining salary package information and liaising with package providers and staff promptly.
- Responding to all staff queries and requests in a timely manner.
- Enforcing payroll policies, procedures and regulations.
- Maintaining the integrity of all payroll data including ensuring all filing is regularly maintained.
- Performing year end payroll procedures.
- Knowledge of the relevant Industrial Awards and ability to explain and interpret Awards.
- Maintaining knowledge with latest payroll developments and continuous improvement of current process.Other adhoc requests as required.
- Strong systems skills. Chris21 experience essential, PS Enterprise (PSE), preferred but not essential
- Knowledge of payroll principles, practices, regulations, procedures and relevant tax laws
- Is able to evaluate and analyse technical payroll activities
- Supervisory experience of experienced staff
- Minimum of 6 years payroll experience
- Payroll experience in an organisation of similar size in a hands-on role