|Location:||VIC - Melbourne|
|Posted:||3 months ago|
This diverse local council based in the Inner Suburbs, require an experienced Permits Officer to assist within their busy Construction Management team. This fast paced and varied role will see you support the team with Permit Applications on a contract basis but with a view for more longer term work.
As Permits Officer, your primary responsibility will be to assess permits pertaining Construction Management Plans & Traffic Management, ensuring their compliance to the local government legislation and standards. You will perform site visits, undertake small investigations, issue permits and follow up with issues and queries as they arise. There is a high level of complex administration involved, interpretation of legislation, a large amount of stakeholder engagement and the flexibility to offer admin support to the wider team.
The successful candidate will have;
- Demonstrated ability in assessing/issuing construction permits and footpath trading
- Understanding of the relevant legislation, mostly pertaining to construction & traffic management
- Proven experience providing efficient and reliable administrative support and be able to multi-task and prioritize well in a busy environment.
- Previous use of local government specific software would be advantageous
- Self-motivated and hardworking
- Strong focus on delivering excellent customer service
In return you will be rewarded with the opportunity to broaden your local council experience and knowledge, and be remunerated generously. Please 'APPLY' today. For further queries please contact email@example.com or 03 86106103. If you are interested in roles within local government, but this one is not quite right for you, please do not hesitate to reach out to discuss further temporary opportunities that Charterhouse has to offer.