|Posted:||4 months ago|
- Diagnose, locate and rectify faults in mobile or stationary plant and equipment.
- Strip, inspect, rebuild and/or replace faulty component assemblies and verify correct machine operation through testing.
- Carry out fitting and machining operations associated with plant repairs.
- Carry out simple diagnosis and component exchange on electrical systems of less than 30V (DC only) compatible with trade theory training.
- Repair air brake systems for on-track plant machinery.
- Service operational trials of mobile or stationary plant. Calibrate and adjust functions for correct machine operation.
- Operate any lifting or other equipment for which appropriate training and licences are held, necessary to facilitate repairs to plant.
- Document modifications to mobile or stationary plant where deemed necessary.
To be considered, you will have the following
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline
- Technical knowledge of heavy and mobile plant and machinery and their associated systems (tampers, ballast cleaners etc)
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot a range of different hydraulic/electrical systems and their faults
- Thorough knowledge of safe work practices
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work under minimal supervision
- Demonstrated medium level computer skills and experience in relevant software such as MS Office Suite
Please submit your profile to email@example.com or click apply