|Posted:||7 months ago|
Privacy Officer - Project role
- Join this national not-for-profit organisation based in the east
- Make a real impact on a key project
- Work collaboratively with senior leaders and steering committee
About the Company
This large not-for-profit based in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne have an opening for a Project Privacy Officer to join their team for a 6 month contract.
About the Role
Reporting to the Assurance Manager, this is role is integral in establishing a formal privacy framework by working with senior leaders. Applicants must have previous experience working with the Privacy Act 1988. The primary function of the role will be to build and implement a Privacy Framework
Key responsibilities will include;
- Develop a Privacy Framework compliant with the federal legislation
- Create formalized privacy related policies and procedures
- Implement a rollout plan
- Lead the appointment of privacy champions
- Access effectiveness and conduct audits of framework
- Train on privacy best practice
- Provide regular reporting and milestone checks
Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualifications within FOI, privacy or legal and/or demonstrated experience in a related discipline.
- Demonstrated experience in putting together privacy frameworks inline with federal legislation
- Experience within the healthcare or not-for-profit sector will be advantageous.
- Understanding and strong exposure to a deadline driven, project environment
- Exceptional communication and negotiation skills.
- The ability to work autonomously and stay self-motivated
Culture & Benefits
- Salary packaging benefits
- Opportunity to have exposure to senior management
- One of the largest community focused organisations across Australia
How to Apply
Click APPLY or contact Liz Ruddick on 03 8610 6114 for a confidential discussion