|Location:||VIC - Melbourne|
|Posted:||7 months ago|
- Based in Local Government
- Working from home
- Contract until end of January
This position will be involved in assisting the end to end procurement functions of Council. The role will act as an advisor to stakeholders on best practice on processes in order to achieve Council's objectives while also playing an important part in identifying and implementing continuous improvement within the procurement function.
Duties will include:
- Provide RFQ support throughout contract documentation stage
- Promote high standards of probity, accountability and risk management in all activities
- Provide guidance on the tender exemption process in accordance with the Local Government Act
- Identify opportunities to achieve cost savings and contribute to improved performance
- Participate in tender evaluation panels as required
- Ad hoc duties within the procurement team including reporting and maintaining Contract Management System
Skills and experience required:
- Proven experience & knowledge of regulatory & legislative frameworks in a government sector
- Strong background participating in tender evaluation panels
- An understanding of relevant legislation, in particular relating to Local Council
- Excellent attention to detail is essential
If you have the above skills and experience, and are available to start on ASAP, please "APPLY" today. For further information please contact Sinead Quinn at Charterhouse on firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Charterhouse, we embrace, and value, diversity of culture, working arrangements, sexual orientation, and gender identity. On behalf of our client, we promote a workplace that actively seeks to include and welcome unique contributions of all people; to embrace and celebrate the value of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff, their skills and contributions to the workplace.