|Location:||NSW - Sydney|
|Posted:||3 months ago|
- Manage overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of procurement for the facility.
- Implement procurement strategies to maintain security of supply and optimum value for money.
- Perform all procurement and contracting activities including pre-qualification, tender management, negotiation and preparation of contracts.
- Set policy and guidelines for delivering commercial and cost effective procuring process for the business.
- Develop key relationships with business stakeholders and strategic supply partners to improve business.
- Implement change and develop new processes to better procure goods and services.
- Negotiate contracts with suppliers to obtain best price and service.
- Identify cost reduction opportunities to achieve financial goals.
- Identify areas for improvement to continually drive performance and business results.
- Conduct business review meetings with key stakeholders to assess risk, review future strategies, and identify potential cost down and improvement opportunities.
- Review current processes for procurement and make recommendations where appropriate.
- Provide periodic reporting for management on purchasing, controls and processes.
- Teach and educate managers and associates about the procurement process control.
- Interview, hire and train personnel for procurement related activities.
Requirements of the successful candidate:
- Experience working within the construction / engineering industry is considered ideal with (i) 3-5 years in a similar purchasing role, and (ii) familiar with a wide variety of product knowledge.
- Analytical thinking, business awareness, negotiation skills and stock take as well as an understanding of Inventory Control.
- Demonstrate a strong sense of initiative with the ability to plan, prioritize and multitask whilst working to tight deadline.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.