|Location:||VIC - Melbourne|
|Posted:||20 days ago|
We are currently seeking a skilled individual with a proven work history background in procurement and contracts management to join our client on an immediate basis. This organisation is looking for additional support in their Procurement department. This is a contract position for a period of 3 months.
This position is to join an established procurement and contracts team in a local government organisation. You would be involved in the full contracts, tenders and compliance duties required for a successful procurement function.
Duties will include:
- End-to-end procurement focusing on best-practice
- Ensuring the procurement activities are conducted in a way that is consistent with approved policies and procedures
- Undertaking procurement reviews as well as providing ongoing technical support
- Assisting in the drafting of contracts, using the contracts management system
- Monitoring and reporting on contract expenditure to stakeholders within the business
- Conducting training and offering guidance to staff throughout the business in order for procurement activities to be carried out in a consistent manner
- Ad hoc duties within the procurement team
Skills and experience required:
- Experience working within a tendering or contracts management role preferably within local government
- Knowledge of principals and application of contract law
- An understanding of relevant legislation, in particular codes of tendering
- Confident with the review of agreements and identification of any areas needed to changed or be renewed
- Excellent attention to detail is essential
If you have the above skills and experience, and are available to start on ASAP, please "APPLY" today. For further information please contact Sinead Quinn at Charterhouse on 03 8610 6103 or email@example.com.