|Location:||NSW - Sydney|
|Posted:||3 months ago|
About the role:
My client sits within the construction sector, they are looking for a project accountant to come on board permanently.
- Assist and guide project managers and project delivery teams in the establishment of correct cost code structures, cost controls and reporting.
- Work with the Project teams to ensure the accuracy of project forecasts and assist with the preparation of Project Monthly Reports.
- Ensure internal controls and procedures are monitored with no fraudulent activities.
- Assist the projects managers as required for collating costs of variation works and performing reconciliation of client variations, submission of the claims for the works, and raising tax invoices following claim certification.
- Work with the Project Managers to ensure Project securities (Bank Guarantees, Insurance Bonds, cash retentions) and Debtors are returned in accordance with due dates.
- Be a point of contact for the projects and office staff for queries or issues relating to financial systems, processes and reporting.
- Ad-hoc accounting tasks as required by the Financial Controller/Project Manager
Requirements of a successful candidate:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience post tertiary qualifications.
- Must have a current driver’s license and be willing to travel to project sites around Sydney
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance is essential. CPA/CA qualification recommended but not essential.
- Previous experience working in a construction environment and construction related ERP systems will be recommended.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Cost to Complete.
- Demonstrated skills in communication and the ability to work to tight deadlines.
To apply follow the links