|Location:||VIC - Melbourne|
|Posted:||5 months ago|
About the Company
This Local Government organisation who reaps rewards by giving back to their suburb are currently looking for a Project Manager to join their team for a 3 mo nth engagement. You will manage and coordinate multiple projects to ensure they are delivered on time and in budget. You will facilitate the project delivery for their business, including technology, process, data and people. This role will be a key link between the delivery, sponsor, advocate, and units contributing to their project delivery and the wider business.
- Manage multiple projects at once and abide to their agreed timeframe
- Project management of all aspects of project delivery from initiation to closure
- Manage the entire project lifecycle from business case preparation, including business analysis activities, vendors, business change, business components, and technical components of projects
- Track and report on project milestones and provide regular status reports on time to the Manager Transformation and project stakeholders
- Ensure projects are delivered on-time and in budget
- Create and manage project schedules in the standard tool – MS Project
- Ensure projects comply with existing organisation quality standards, utilising approved project management tools and methodologies
- Meet deadlines as agreed with their vendors – Project Sponsor, Project Advocate, business, customer, Manager Transformation and Director of Shared Services
- Prepare and present Project Control Group packs to senior executives
- Work closely with staff from other Units within the organisation to determine and validate business requirements, in collaboration with the assigned Business Analyst, and help formulate business case documentation as required
- Work closely with the Project Sponsors and stakeholders to define project scope, deliverables, resource requirements, and budget
- Work with risk and issue owners to ensure treatment and resolution actions are addressed
- Work closely with the Infrastructure and Helpdesk Coordinator to ensure adherence to production change protocols and ITIL best practices
- Employ good change management practices to ensure the project outcomes are accepted by the organisation and the organisation gain is embedded
- Identify, highlight, manage and resolve project risks and issues in collaboration with key stakeholders
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to develop business cases and guide business analysis activities
- Ability to drive significant change in a heavily process-driven and change-adverse environment
- Experience in developing project business cases
- Key stakeholder engagement and management experience with all levels of organisation
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of quality standards as applicable to projects
- Solid computer literacy skills, including a good understanding of MS Project.
- 5+ years’ experience with solid project management experience
- Ability to engage and work collaboratively with stakeholders with all levels.
- Great communication skills including thew ability to facilitate meetings, briefs, and presentations
- Ability to drive change in a heavily process-driven and change-adverse environment
- A great attitude to take on new responsibilities and work toward continuous improvement
- Good negotiation skills and the ability to influence outcomes to achieve project objectives
- Working for a leading Local Government sector
- Be at the forefront of the ICT projects
- Working on an exciting project
How you can Apply
Click APPLY or contact Jesse Kewley-Graham on 0478494311 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion.
At Charterhouse, we embrace, and value, diversity of culture, working arrangements, sexual orientation, and gender identity. On behalf of our client, we promote a workplace that actively seeks to include and welcome unique contributions of all people; to embrace and celebrate the value of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff, their skills, and contributions to the workplace.