|Location:||NSW - Sydney|
|Posted:||2 months ago|
- Rozelle Location
- $42 p/hr plus super
About the Company:
The core of this business is the delivery of emergency out-of-hospital health care and transport services. While this continues to be their primary focus, they also recognise the value of developing community safety and prevention programs.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Manager Revenue, the Revenue Accountant is responsible for the day to day management of the state-wide revenue accounting function and ensuring that the PBRC (billing system) is correctly reflected in Oracle.
Duties to include:
- Ensuring that the revenue functions of NSW Ambulance are accurately represented in Oracle.
- Reconciliation of PBRC with Oracle including interface files daily and Aged Trial Balances at the end of each month.
- Preparation of GL account reconciliations for all revenue related accounts to standards agreed between the Manager Revenue and Financial Services unit.
- Month end accruals for all revenue accounts including assessment of the adequacy of the impairment provision.
- Quarterly review of revenue projections.
- Development of policies, procedures and KPIs to ensure the accuracy of the revenue accounts.
- Preparation of business cases for changes to systems, processes and/or procedures for submission to the Manager Revenue.
- Oversight the monthly generation of invoices and accruals for the major revenue contracts which include the Interhospital Transport Agreements, DVA contract and Motor Accident Authority in accord with the terms of these agreements; preparation of new contracts ready for the start of each financial year, including allocation of the appropriate escalation factor as agreed with the Manager Revenue; liaise closely with the System Administrator PBRC to ensure that billing is maximised by monitoring data quality and minimising the outstanding worklist items in PBRC; ensure accurate generation of non-patient accounts as well as their payment; provide timely advice and recommendations to improve processes and practices within the non-patient billing processes.
- CPA/ CA Qualification
- Extensive experience managing revenue accounting function from end to end
- Advanced analytical and communication skills
- Experience using Oracle