|Location:||NSW - Sydney|
|Posted:||about 2 months ago|
- Prepare and issue media statements whilst ensuring appropriate approval prior to release and under direction, act as organisational spokesperson as required.
- Support management in providing strategic communication advice by monitoring state-wide media, preparing material for public engagements and responding to media issues and inquiries out of hours (including early morning radio) as required.
- Support the management of major media and critical issues by researching and preparing media releases and media responses. Ensure a high level of service to members of the media by providing timely and accurate responses to media inquiries. Contribute to the functioning of issues management and media monitoring services
- Coordinate event management preparation for public appearances and writing of material for public speaking by senior management, to ensure event objectives are achieved.
- Build effective and collaborative relationships with multiple offices, media representatives, managers across the agency and other media and communications staff across the cluster
To be considered, you will have the following
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant media/journalism discipline or equivalent demonstrated media / journalism experience within a Government, public relations or media environment
- Demonstrated high level writing and editing skills and the ability to produce accurate and effective material while meeting critical deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, coordinate and implement effective proactive public relations or media strategies.
Please submit your profile to email@example.com or click apply