|Location:||NSW - Sydney|
|Posted:||5 months ago|
- Parramatta Location
- Competitive Salary
About the Company:
This Commission was established by an Act of Parliament with specific roles and responsibilities for the planning of Greater Sydney. They have a direct reporting line to the NSW Government and have a focus on creating a more productive, sustainable and liveable greater Sydney area.
About the Role:
The Corporate Accountant is responsible for managing the budgeting and forecasting process, preparing monthly analysis and management reporting and providing financial analysis, insight and recommendations for Greater Sydney.
- Manage the budgeting and forecasting process including year and multi-year budgets with functional teams ensuring alignment to strategic targets and facilitate the planning and management of financially sound programs that deliver on agreed objectives.
- Manage the production of the Commission’s annual financial statements and ensure they are delivered on time, in accordance with relevant accounting standards and legislation and provide a true and fair view the Commission’s financial position and transactions
- Provide guidance and support to the executive and leadership team in the formation and delivery of financial plans to ensure financial planning and budgetary processes are high quality, accurate and timely
- Lead the development and preparation of month end accruals and reporting including detailed management reports, insight and recommendations to support timely and sound decision making across Greater Sydney Commission programs and projects
- Monitor and review cost trends, financial data and information against project and program plans and recommend actions to ensure optimal use of finances
- Contribute to forward planning and decision making through sound analysis and recommendations to ensure projects deliver value for money
- Partner and collaborate with the executive and external stakeholders on strategic initiatives to deliver accurate and timely financial information and advice regarding financial issues and projects
- Develop, implement, review and update financial systems, processes and policies to ensure compliance with agency standards, policies and procedures
- You must have minimum 6-8 years’ experience in Accounting
- Ability to develop and maintain strong finance controls in a fast-paced and dynamic project environment
- Ability to deliver expert cost analysis and awareness of current trends
- Strong knowledge of project accounting
- Experience using SAP
Please send updated cv's through to email@example.com