|Location:||VIC - Melbourne|
|Posted:||3 months ago|
An exciting opportunity has arisen within a local government, for an experienced Town Planner. This government authority is experiencing growth and as such are looking to recruit a Statutory Planner to join their dynamic and busy Planning Team, who have had an influx in workload.
The primary responsibilities of the role will be the assessment of a high volume of residential and commercial development applications, preparing reports to councils as well as working on ad hoc projects.
Key responsibilities include;
- Process planning applications
- Planning appeals at the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal level
- Provide technical advice to members of the public and other stakeholders
- Carry out inspections and ensure compliance with current legislation
- Proactively follow up on applications
- Preparation of reports pertaining to current permits
To be successful in this role you must have;
- A minimum of 12 months experience in Town Planning coupled with the relevant tertiary qualification
- Previous local government experience will be advantageous
- Ability to interpret town planning schemes and knowledge of current legislation
- Excellent written and verbal communication, along with a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Strong stakeholder engagement
- Must hold current valid drivers licence
In return you will be rewarded with the opportunity to further develop your public sector knowledge and be well remunerated in a supportive environment. Due to the immediate nature of the role, inexperienced candidates will be considered. Interviews will take place immediately. Please Apply today or for further information email email@example.com.