|Location:||NSW - Sydney|
|Posted:||16 days ago|
The primary purpose of the role is to provide high level strategic sustainability advice and to support the implementation of sustainability initiatives for the organisation’s three key projects. The role incorporates sustainability practices standards, protocols and systems into all phases of the project design and development and ensures full compliance with statutory requirements
This is a leadership role where you will lead the sustainability activities on one project while continuing to drive outcomes on the other two projects.
- Provide authoritative, specialist and technical expertise and strategic advice on key sustainability issues including the review of designs and management plans and development of recommendations to inform decision making and support a robust safety, environment and sustainability culture across the organisation
- Provide leadership across the project implementation groups on sustainability issues to ensure the incorporation of good sustainability practice into project objectives, conceptualisation, design and construction
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders including private sector partners and State and Local government agencies regarding sustainability issues to ensure the project is strategically integrated with other transport systems and any local area plans
- Manage the development and implementation of high level, strategic solutions across an extensive range of environmental, economic and social sustainability issues that impact significantly on the project and affected local communities, to ensure issues are promptly addressed and satisfy all legislative and regulatory requirements
- Manage the establishment of effective sustainability targets and measures, monitor performance across projects and provide expert advice and regular performance reporting to inform key issues, project status and performance against objectives
- Tertiary qualifications in environmental management, sustainability management and practice, planning, engineering or similar
- Proven experience and success in sustainability and sustainability best practices in complex operating environments associated with major urban development or infrastructure projects
- Demonstrated capacity to develop and implement sustainability policy, procedures and measures, including monitoring/reporting mechanisms, practices and the processes and practices involved in compliance for delivering on major infrastructure projects.
Please send your resume through to email@example.com or call Vasil Spassov on 02 9641 5126.