|Location:||NSW - Sydney|
|Posted:||7 months ago|
About the company:
This leading Telecommunication company is currently at the forefront of their market and industry. Having seen a large transformation program in place over the past couple of years and with various new projects in place, the need for a technology driven PM is required to work in their network engineering space. Working on technologies such as Transit, FTTX, Satellite, Wireless and HFC you will play an instrumental part working with key stakeholders across the business and be accountable for the network engineering solutions, detailed technical designs and work practices for the network.
1. The Project Manager will provide project management to the specific technology delivery team and/or processes within the Network Engineering organisation.
The processes are mentioned in point 2, and the domains within Network Engineering group are:
- Business Management & Project Management Office
This role will primarily receive direction from a Project Sponsor who has requested a Project Manager – Technology to deliver a defined scope of work. This Project Sponsor will generally be from within Network Engineering but may be external as well.
This role is positioned as a Senior Project Manager role within the Network Engineering Program Management team. The role is suited to individuals with a very strong background in project management and extensive experience in project-managing self-contained projects according to project management best practices.
2. The Project Manager - Technology will also provide process governance and support to the specific processes within Network Engineering.
This role will primary receive direction from the Process Owner (Network Engineering General Manger). The Project Manager - Technology will need to ensure the process is running within the requirements of the Process Owner is being adequately governed on a regular basis.
The 7 Network Engineering Processes are:
- Engineering Consultancy
- Technology Plan, Architecture & Lifecycle
- Initiative Planning & Governance
- Network Engineering Standards
- Network Capacity & Performance
- Engineering Support
- Engineering Enabling Services
3. For complex cross business projects (as identified by NGF/IP&G Governance), The Project Manager - Technology will complete the role of Delivery Lead (or Sponsor Lead) within the Network Governance Framework (NGF)
The Delivery Lead role is accountable to the Sponsor Lead or Executive Sponsor to deliver the complete solution across all streams.
This is a senior role with the following key accountabilities:
- Successful delivery of the solution across all delivery agents
- Engage and management of all resources necessary for the delivery of the initiative
- Develop and maintain any initiative or project requirements
- E2E delivery structure, schedule, reporting across all delivery agents
- Management of finances allocated to the project.
- Management of the inter-dependencies including oversight of any risks and issues arising
- Lead project readiness reviews and health checks
- During delivery, conduct periodic reviews of progress across all delivery agents, to ensure alignment, and the business solution is not compromised through the build phase.
- Addresses resourcing issues
- Measures progress against milestones
The successful candidate will possess prior experience with greenfield projects and a proven track record of working and managing ambiguity in complex/changing environments. Also, exposure to tools such as Jira, SharePoint, MS Project and P6. The role requires an exceptional focus on detail and accuracy of information as well as strong stakeholder management skills.
- Certification in Project Management frameworks: PRINCE2, PMBOK or PMP, Agile, SCRUM.
- Experience managing medium technically complex network development projects across all phases of the solution development lifecycle from project initiation through to project closure
- Previous full lifecycle project management experience;
- Experience in change management within complex environments;
- Experience in working with clients to collect, assemble, prioritise and address business
- and key requirements;
- Proven experience liaising with multiple stakeholders within a large organisation, including both internal and external stakeholders;
- Commercially aware of current business drivers;
- Experience in managing vendors and major contracts
- Understanding of telecommunication architecture framework;
- Understanding of solution architecture development methodologies;
- Experience in managing teams of technology or process engineers;
If you have the above experience and want to join a fun, fast paced passionate team please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact me on 9641 2453