|Location:||NSW - Sydney|
|Posted:||8 months ago|
Excellent opportunity for a Technical Writer / Trainer to act as a trusted advisor for business units to lead the adoption of content and collaboration tools and practices.
You will be responsible for providing advice and support on how to manage and share information effectively, develop solutions, provide training and support as well as guidance on policies for managing, storing and sharing content and continuous improvement of the tools, policies, standards and structure to ensure business needs are met.
The role will help maximise the value of the content management system as a strategic tool, by developing and maintaining training assets and supporting collateral to enhance user capabilities through quality learning solutions and be responsible for the ongoing improvement in content and collaboration service objectives. You will work closely with internal stakeholders to ensure that training goals are defined, delivered and measured, with an aim for continuous improvement development.
- Build and maintain deep business understanding, to ensure any document or collaboration solutions contribute to the organisation’s overall goals
- Provide ongoing support, training and advice to business users
- Act as first point of contact for content management queries and incident management and resolution
- Develop simple document management solutions for the business
- Gather and refine business requirements
- Build knowledge and awareness of best practices in tools, standards and requirements, and apply these to promote continuous improvement.
- Migration of content to new sites
- Monitor business activity, establish effective benchmarks for measuring the success of the system, and work with the business to define objectives to increase uptake
- Analyse site information, including usage trends and statistics, undertake usability reviews and work with internal experts to recommend aligned improvements.
- Manage business user’s expectations and track deliverables through the workflow
- Manage the delivery process on behalf of the customer through to completion within agreed service levels, taking responsibility for outcomes and demonstrating pride in work.
To be successful, you will need:
- An understanding of the value and uses of content management systems and practices
- Train the Trainer experience
- Bachelor’s degree or extensive experience in Business, Information, Technology or related field
- Certificate in train the trainer or instructional design or similar
- SharePoint skills and experience (5 years +) to build quality solutions
- Experience using e-learning development platform
- Development, editing and publishing experience in training materials in a multi-channel environment
- Ability to make sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems
- Proven ability to plan and prioritize work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals
- Excellent internal and external stakeholder engagement skills
If you have the above experiences and would like to apply for this opportunity, please send an updated resume to Gemma at firstname.lastname@example.org