|Location:||VIC - Melbourne|
|Posted:||19 days ago|
One of Melbourne’s dynamic and fast growing metropolitan councils are currently seeking an Urban Planner to assist over this busy period.
Reporting into the Urban Development Manager, this role will involve the review of planning applications and planning amendments as well as the delivery of residential and capital projects. You will be carrying out site inspections to be able to approve or decline applications. You will conduct town planning functions and provide accurate advise to internal stakeholders and the public regarding development of land. The successful applicant will be degree qualified with significant experience as an Urban Planner within the public sector.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A tertiary qualifications in Town Planning or extensive experience in planning
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience within the local market and understanding of Victorian planning regulations
- Experience with Victorian Planning system including experience with ResCode assessments
- Knowledge of statutory planning and related planning legislation
- Superior & effective communication skills – both written and verbal
- Strong customer service skills as stakeholder engagement is a large element of the role
- A self motivated & positive attitude towards work
- A Victorian Drivers Licence
In return you will be rewarded with an excellent hourly rate and the opportunity to broaden your local government experience and knowledge.
This council requires an immediate start, so if you feel you have the appropriate skills please ‘APPLY’ today by sending through your most updated resume.