|Posted:||5 months ago|
A government authority based in Melbourne’s Southern suburbs are looking to engage an experienced Traffic Engineer to join their Traffic and Transport team. This council offers a friendly and dynamic working environment and is conveniently located next to public transport.
Reporting to the Coordinator, Traffic and Transport this role will focus primarily on assisting with the investigation of traffic engineering reports and assessing both planning applications and traffic management plans.
- Carry out investigations into traffic requests and provide accurate advice to all stakeholders including council residents
- Assess traffic planning applications, following the Coordinator Traffic and Transport’s guidance
- Prepare technical reports and deliver these within deadlines
- Assess Traffic Management Plans for road works against Worksite Traffic Management regulations and site conditions
- Provide knowledgeable advice to internal and external stakeholders on traffic and transport matters
- Assist with the review of department policies
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Civil Engineering or at least 5 years equivalent experience
- Proven experience in Traffic Engineering and Transport Planning
- Proven ability to write technical reports and clear recommendations
- Excellent analytical and problem solving abilities as well as being able to thrive in a busy environment
- Full understanding of relevant legislation including Local Government Act 1989, Road Safety (Traffic Management) Regulations 2009 and relevant Australian Standards
- Highly developed technical skills in order to contribute to and prepare reports
- Full Victorian driver's licence
If you are interested in this position please APPLY today or contact Sinead on firstname.lastname@example.org or 03 8610 6103.