||$30-$37 per hour
||11 days ago
- Experience working for a local government authority desired
- Variety of day to day tasks, strong administrative experience essential
- Working with a fast paced team who foster learning and development
You will be working for a Local Government authority who work closely with the community. You will be providing excellent customer service to internal and external stakeholders and high level administrative support to the team.
The key responsibilities will include:
- Provide a professional, customer centric service to all members and customers of the council office.
- Provide administrative support through diary management, monitoring correspondence and inbound/ outbound emails
- Coordinate meetings, appointments, and events
- Provide first level, draft responses to correspondence and emails.
- Regularly monitor and actioning Customer Service Requests (CSR), HPE CM (electronic document management system) and any other requests.
- Previous experience working for a Local Government in an administrative role desired
- TechOne, Authority or Pathway experience would be advantageous
- Intermediate knowledge of the MS office suite including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Proven experience working in a busy environment
- Be hard-working, punctual, and organized
- Excellent written and analytical ability, in particular accurate spelling, alpha-numeric data entry and qualifying data
- Work effectively and autonomously to specific deadlines while maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Excellent communication skills
- An aptitude to grow and learn
- Temporary with opportunity to grow
- Working with upbeat, high-energy, fast paced team
- Immediate start opportunities
Please note you will need to obtain a police check for this role before commencing this role.
If you are interested in this role, please APPLY today or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If this position is not correct for you but you have experience working in Local Government please still do get in touch, we have numerous positions within council.
At Charterhouse, we embrace, and value, diversity of culture, working arrangements, sexual orientation, and gender identity. On behalf of our client, we promote a workplace that actively seeks to include and welcome unique contributions of all people; to embrace and celebrate the value of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff, their skills and contributions to the workplace.